- For general support questions see Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you are a user of Family Tree Maker, please see Frequently Asked Questions – for Family Tree Maker Users
- If you are a user of The Master Genealogist, please see Frequently Asked Questions – for TMG Users.
- If you are having problems installing or upgrading see Frequently Asked Installation Questions.
- For questions about products, see Product FAQ or System Requirements.
Family Historian comes with full documentation. All new users should read the Quick Start Guide to get you started. The boxed version comes with this guide as a printed booklet. It is also available on the Help menu within the program for on-screen viewing, for purchasers of the download version. There is also extensive, searchable, context-sensitive Help within the program. If there is no Help button, pressing the F1 key will usually take you to help that is relevant to the current context.
In addition, here are some more options that are available to Family Historian users:
- Getting the Most from Family Historian 6, by Simon Orde, the creator of Family Historian, is a comprehensive guide to the program, for beginners and advanced users alike.
- We encourage all users to join the Family Historian User Group which is an excellent resource for Family Historian users. Amongst many other things, it has forums where Family Historian users can post questions and get help.
- We also recommend users to join the Family Historian Users Mailing List. Users can post queries to the list and get answers that way.
- There are video tutorials on the tutorials page (as well as many more in the Family Historian User Group site).
- If you bought Family Historian through a specialist genealogy supplier, you may find that they provide technical support by telephone, email or both.
- Various groups provide courses on Family Historian. When available, these will usually be listed on the Family Historian Events page.
We encourage users to use the above options where possible, but you can also contact Family Historian Support directly if necessary via our support centre.