Find Duplicate Individuals
- Version 3.7
- Added 1 Nov 2012
- Updated 11 May 2018
- Downloads 3222
- Requires version 5.0.8
- View Source
Click "Download Plugin" then click Open or Run to install
Finds potentially duplicated Individual Records by comparing the Names and key Events of selected Individuals and their immediate Relations.
- V3.7: Fixes issues with duplicate close relatives, missing Update date, and ± character.
- V3.6: Supports FH V6 IUP 3.11.2 with Unicode and new Soundex coding.
- V3.5: New GUI library and F1 key Help for current tab.
- V3.4: Omit Non-Duplicates tab allows multiple item selection, plus other user interface updates, and some problem fixes.
- V3.3: Progress messages if loading large family Relation Pools.
- V3.2: Considers Cremation events. No longer forces Progress Bar into focus.
- V3.1: Now assesses ALL instances of immediate Relations and ALL instances of the key Events.
- V3.0: First published Plugin Store version.
- V2.x: Omit Non-Duplicates and Set Preferences tabs added.
- V1.x: Proof of concept, work in progress, version in FHUG only.
Rating: Not Rated
+ Add Comment and optionally Rate the Plugin
When I hit the install button, I was shown a long string of coding. The plug-in didn't install.
Deck, January 19, 2015 at 4:15 am
Deck - You will need to provide more information about the error you got and the version of Family Historian you are using.
jane, January 19, 2015 at 9:41 am
I'm in the process of tidying up my FTM file so that I can use FH later this year (I've just about exhausted what's on Ancestry so my membership will expire later this year and I'm now subscribed to FindMyPast). I exported a Gedcom from FTM to check for duplicate individuals using FH and this plugin. If the Gedcom is simply imported as a new project then the plug-in fails to find any duplicates. Making a simple change to one individual then allows the plug-in to work although only one individual is checked.
If the Gedcom is merged with an existing dummy project (just one individual) then the plug-in runs and finds the duplicates in the original file.
Doing some debugging I located the issue that the plug-in requires a CHAN entry for each individual otherwise it won't list it as a possible entry to be matched as only changed records are checked.
I modified the code so that it would ignore the lack of CHAN and the plug-in successfully ran and found duplicates.
This is not a major issue for me as I have a successful work around but it may be worth considering for a future upgrade of either the plug-in or FH6.
Alan, March 1, 2016 at 1:27 pm
Alan, may I suggest you post such comments in the <a href="http://www.fhug.org.uk/">FHUG Plugin Discussion Forum</a>. I have a Plugin that will set any missing <b>Updated CHAN</b> date for every record. As more and more imported projects are sufferring that problem, perhaps it should be published in the Plugin Store, and mentioned in this Plugin's Help & Advice.
Mike Tate, March 1, 2016 at 6:36 pm
regardless of what I select (all individuals, individuals by query, etc) nothing happens
Michael Buro, November 14, 2016 at 8:59 pm