Improve Website or CD DVD HTML
- Version 3.0
- Added 10 Jun 2012
- Updated 11 May 2020
- Downloads 1254
- Requires version 5.0.9
- View Source
Click "Download Plugin" then click Open or Run to install
This Plugin improves many features of the Family Historian HTML pages created by the Publish menu Create a Website and Make a Family Tree CD/DVD wizards.
- Ensures all user URL are active hyperlinks, and optionally open in a new browser Tab/Window.
- Allows long user URL to be displayed in abbreviated form.
- Converts special place-holder text to a current filename or date, a 'Close Window' button, or a media hyperlink.
- Adjusts tabulated data into tidy aligned columns.
- Offers various alternative image pop-up options, and non-image media hyperlinks.
- Adds Table of Pictures/Reports/Downloads pages.
- Adds an Index of Names page search filter.
- Adds alternate & married names and identity references to the Index of Names page.
- Creates a gendex.txt file for the gendexnetwork.org genealogical index.
View Source to see full Version History.
Rating: Not Rated
+ Add Comment and optionally Rate the Plugin
Can your plugin work on relative hyperlinks to local pages from notes or anywhere else!
Peter Briscoe-Smith, March 19, 2016 at 7:36 pm
I've tried to run your plugin v2.9 'Hyperlink/Text' tab against my own database and also the standard 'Family Historian Sample Project' supplied. I'm running the latest release FH version 6.2.5.
COM exception:(.srclibrarytLuaCOM.cpp,394):A connection with the server could not be established
[C]: in function 'Send'
[string "C:ProgramDataCalico PieFamily Historian..."]:3025: in function 'DownloadIcons'
[string "C:ProgramDataCalico PieFamily Historian..."]:3366: in function 'IntImproveHTML'
[string "C:ProgramDataCalico PieFamily Historian..."]:4599: in function <[string "C:ProgramDataCalico PieFamily Historian..."]:4596>
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function 'MainLoop'
[string "C:ProgramDataCalico PieFamily Historian..."]:2261: in function 'ShowDialogue'
[string "C:ProgramDataCalico PieFamily Historian..."]:4806: in function 'GUI_MainDialogue'
[string "C:ProgramDataCalico PieFamily Historian..."]:20994: in main chunk
All run attempts give the below fatal error diagnostics, and the plugin stops. Any ideas/fixes under FH 6.2.5. ?
Regards, Ian T 04-Oct-2017
Ian Thomas, October 4, 2017 at 7:55 pm
Ian, it would be better to post that kind of comment in the FHUG Forum "Plugin Discussions".
The COM exception indicates there is no Internet connection to the FHUG web site. So either your Internet link was down, or the FHUG web site was down.
Mike Tate, October 4, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Update. Workaround solution to "connection with server cannot be established" as suggested by Mike is now documented on FHUG Forum 'Plugin Discussions'.
This Plugin 'Improve Website CD or DVD HTML 2.9' now works fine for me; and functionally improves a FH generated Webite HTML exactly as described.
Now rated excellent !
Ian_T, October 10, 2017 at 12:48 pm