- Version 1.7
- Added 19 Jun 2019
- Updated 17 Jul 2019
- Downloads 44
- Requires version 5.0.9
- View Source
Click "Download Plugin" then click Open or Run to install
There are some occasions on which it would be really useful to be able to create one or more facts for a one or more individuals using the same source and some shared data. Ancestral Sources does this for the most common source types, but there are sources it doesn't handle.
- You have a passenger list and want to create an Emigration fact for all the members of a family, with the same source citation details, and some common fact details (e.g.departure and arrival places, date, a note about the ship they travelled on...)
- You have an electoral roll and want to create a Residence fact for all those living at the same address, again with the same source citation details and with a common date, place and address.
- You have a military service record and want to create a number of facts for the same individual (service number, enlistment, ....). In this case the source citation details may not all be the same (e.g. where in source will vary) and the fact details will all be different, but it might still be convenient to create all the facts at once before going in to edit the specific details for each one).
Yes, it's possible to achieve the same thing using Autosource citation, and copying and pasting facts, but sometimes that's a lot of work and prone to missing something/somebody.
The Multifact plugin (attached) allows you to choose a single (existing) Source and optionally fill in some or all citation details for it; one or more Individuals; and one or more Fact types. You can then specify some all or no common fact details (date, age, place, etc.) and create a set of identical facts for all the individuals selected. The plugin keeps an on-screen log of all the facts you've created, so you can make several batches without exiting the plugin but keep track of what you have and haven't done. And when you do exit the plugin, the facts created are presented in FH ready for further editing (not everyone will have the same age at emigration, for example, so you will need to add age to each individual emigration fact.)
Rating: Not Rated
+ Add Comment and optionally Rate the Plugin
I have just downloaded the "Multifact" plugin but am unable to use it and, therefore rate it, sorry.
I have 2 problems in using the plugin -
- When I activate the plug-in from Tools - Plugins, it takes a few seconds to appear and then appears in the centre of the screen but overflows the top and bottom of the screen. I am unable to see any standard box control (minimise, reduce or close) and I cannot see a bottom bar. Also, I don't see any button to indicate that action should be taken.
- I have an additional 2 screens for my research setup and mostly use FH on the centre screen. Due to the problem above, I tried moving FH to the largest screen (No 2 screen) but found that the plugin only opens on the No 1 screen. This was tried because each screen has different settings.
If you would like screenshots to support the explanation, please let me know (I'll cut out the irrelevant parts).
Unfortunately, I have not investigated the plugin generation side of FH, so am unable to provide any insight to the problem. The little I have seen of the the programming language used makes me say "Thank You" for trying to help the rest of us FH users !
Graham Kent, June 25, 2019 at 8:32 pm