Map Life Facts
- Version 4.1
- Added 21 Nov 2011
- Updated 13 Feb 2018
- Downloads 2527
- Requires version 5.0.9
- View Source
Click "Download Plugin" then click Open or Run to install
A mapping tool to create web pages that use Google Maps to display a map of locations from each person's life Facts. It supports both Place and Address fields.
Mapped data may be saved in a Plugin Data file, or as part of your GEDCOM, in Source, Repository or Place records. Maps can be filtered on Living & Private Flags. Generated map files can be integrated with FH generated web pages.
- V4.1: Fix UTF8 accented chars in drop-lists; Fix problem when Plugin Window is minimised and closed.
- V4.0: Ignores location text enclosed in [[ brackets ]], plus fix for Erase Addr ~ Place Database.
- V3.9: Improves Geocoder mapping of place names with a hyphen such as Stoke-upon-Trent, ensures use of best stable version of Google Maps API, and fixes some minor bugs.
- V3.8: Handles new Geocoder response of Unknown Error that indicates a server problem, and enforces Geocoder version 3.18 in support of Windows XP IE v8.
- V3.7: Cancels workaround for Control Panel custom Decimal symbol as now corrected by FH V6.0.2. CD/Website map page style more closely matches FH CD/Website fhstyle.css and user customisations. CD/Website map page Plots optionally exclude any Facts not listed in FH CD/Website pages.
- V3.6: Supports Control Panel customisation of Decimal symbol in Lat/Longitude to be dot (.) or comma (,).
- V3.5: Various database and user interface problems fixed.
- V3.4: Various Place Records related problems fixed.
- V3.3: Supports FH V6 IUP 3.11.2 Unicode & Place Records, revised GUI library, Emigration/Immigration To/From _PLAC, geocoding preference to Lat/Longitude, and fix IUP Tooltips in XP.
- V3.2: Revised the Address…Place sub-options to retain all entries, and new Database Management tab Options.
- V3.1: Speed-up for large numbers of Locations, fixed Delete key bug in Substitute, Latitude & Longitude fields, and four new From Location: Address…Place sub-options.
- V3.0: Force all dialogue backgrounds to white, and make editing Substitute, Latitude & Longitude more responsive.
- V2.9: Optionally auto-detects previously edited Manual Locations, also allows Geocode Plot/Map All/Some to escape at Quota Warning message.
- V2.8: New Manual statistics class of Location, revised Geocode Plot All Locations button, new Geocode Plot Some Locations button, revised Next Plotted / Uplotted, etc buttons, plus other small changes.
- V2.7: Translates any delimited Country/State/Chapman/County Code into full name before submitting to Geocoder, plus other minor updates.
- V2.6: Fixes Not enough memory for big _nameindex.html, sets popup quota warning on all Plot/Map buttons, plus other minor updates.
- V2.5: Corrects missing web page links when no See also section, and adds popup quota warning about exceeding 2,500 plots per 24 hours.
- V2.4: Checks map file belongs to chosen Individual, adds Region Bias Code option, uses bell blob for newline.
- V2.3: Improved Maps & GUI, default Zoom only set on Preferences tab, multi-plot maps on Create Maps tab, minor bug fixes.
- V2.2: Redesigned GUI, colour coded tree lists & statistics, zoom set from Google Map, better map Markers, more bug fixes & code revisions.
- V2.1: Loads faster, resizeable main GUI, trees replace drop-down lists, better tool-tips, bigger Google Map pane, bug fixes & code revisions.
- V2.0: New GUI with tabs, progress bars, and embedded HTML Google Map, plus Google Geocoder API, bug fixes & code revisions.
- V1.1: Improved version with fhSleep(), Interface Font option, and Knowledge Base Help.
- V1.0: Initial version using HTML Application (HTA) for Google Maps Geocoder Service.
Rating: Not Rated
+ Add Comment and optionally Rate the Plugin
Works really well.
Peter Richmond, January 26, 2012 at 5:04 pm
I have a lot of my family being born, living, etc. in portsea. The plug-in shows this as being in Australia rather than UK but I can't quite see how to change the default. A few more instructions on how to do that would be helpful.
Regards, Dick Thomas
Dick Thomas, March 28, 2012 at 7:22 pm
Took a few minutes of messing about to understand how it works. Could do with a set of beginner instructions at launch. Apart from that works very well, to the limitations of google maps anyway
Craig Ruxton, March 28, 2012 at 10:25 pm
Remember to use the Help & Advice button to checkout the online pages. If you have specific suggestions for better advice, then please post them in the FHUG Forum > Plugins Discussion.
tatewise, April 21, 2012 at 7:23 pm