Map Life Facts
- Version 4.2
- Added 21 Nov 2011
- Updated 4 Jun 2018
- Downloads 2685
- Requires version 5.0.9
- View Source
Click "Download Plugin" then click Open or Run to install
A mapping tool to create web pages that use Google Maps to display a map of locations from each person's life Facts. It supports both Place and Address fields.
Mapped data may be saved in a Plugin Data file, or as part of your GEDCOM, in Source, Repository or Place records. Maps can be filtered on Living & Private Flags. Generated map files can be integrated with FH generated web pages.
- V4.2: The Google Maps Geocoder supports the API Key needed to unlock its services.Emigration and Immigration facts now fully implement both their Place names.All symbols that might occur in Place or Address fields are now handled correctly.Windows XP and Vista are barred as now incompatible with the Google Maps Geocoder.
- V4.1: Fix UTF8 accented chars in drop-lists; Fix problem when Plugin Window is minimised and closed.
- V4.0: Ignores location text enclosed in [[ brackets ]], plus fix for Erase Addr ~ Place Database.
- V3.9: Improves Geocoder mapping of place names with a hyphen such as Stoke-upon-Trent, ensures use of best stable version of Google Maps API, and fixes some minor bugs.
- V3.8: Handles new Geocoder response of Unknown Error that indicates a server problem, and enforces Geocoder version 3.18 in support of Windows XP IE v8.
- V3.7: Cancels workaround for Control Panel custom Decimal symbol as now corrected by FH V6.0.2. CD/Website map page style more closely matches FH CD/Website fhstyle.css and user customisations. CD/Website map page Plots optionally exclude any Facts not listed in FH CD/Website pages.
- V3.6: Supports Control Panel customisation of Decimal symbol in Lat/Longitude to be dot (.) or comma (,).
- V3.5: Various database and user interface problems fixed.
- V3.4: Various Place Records related problems fixed.
- V3.3: Supports FH V6 IUP 3.11.2 Unicode & Place Records, revised GUI library, Emigration/Immigration To/From _PLAC, geocoding preference to Lat/Longitude, and fix IUP Tooltips in XP.
- V3.2: Revised the Address…Place sub-options to retain all entries, and new Database Management tab Options.
- V3.1: Speed-up for large numbers of Locations, fixed Delete key bug in Substitute, Latitude & Longitude fields, and four new From Location: Address…Place sub-options.
- V3.0: Force all dialogue backgrounds to white, and make editing Substitute, Latitude & Longitude more responsive.
- V2.9: Optionally auto-detects previously edited Manual Locations, also allows Geocode Plot/Map All/Some to escape at Quota Warning message.
- V2.8: New Manual statistics class of Location, revised Geocode Plot All Locations button, new Geocode Plot Some Locations button, revised Next Plotted / Uplotted, etc buttons, plus other small changes.
- V2.7: Translates any delimited Country/State/Chapman/County Code into full name before submitting to Geocoder, plus other minor updates.
- V2.6: Fixes Not enough memory for big _nameindex.html, sets popup quota warning on all Plot/Map buttons, plus other minor updates.
- V2.5: Corrects missing web page links when no See also section, and adds popup quota warning about exceeding 2,500 plots per 24 hours.
- V2.4: Checks map file belongs to chosen Individual, adds Region Bias Code option, uses bell blob for newline.
- V2.3: Improved Maps & GUI, default Zoom only set on Preferences tab, multi-plot maps on Create Maps tab, minor bug fixes.
- V2.2: Redesigned GUI, colour coded tree lists & statistics, zoom set from Google Map, better map Markers, more bug fixes & code revisions.
- V2.1: Loads faster, resizeable main GUI, trees replace drop-down lists, better tool-tips, bigger Google Map pane, bug fixes & code revisions.
- V2.0: New GUI with tabs, progress bars, and embedded HTML Google Map, plus Google Geocoder API, bug fixes & code revisions.
- V1.1: Improved version with fhSleep(), Interface Font option, and Knowledge Base Help.
- V1.0: Initial version using HTML Application (HTA) for Google Maps Geocoder Service.
Rating: Not Rated
+ Add Comment and optionally Rate the Plugin
Works really well.
Peter Richmond, January 26, 2012 at 5:04 pm
I have a lot of my family being born, living, etc. in portsea. The plug-in shows this as being in Australia rather than UK but I can't quite see how to change the default. A few more instructions on how to do that would be helpful.
Regards, Dick Thomas
Dick Thomas, March 28, 2012 at 7:22 pm
Took a few minutes of messing about to understand how it works. Could do with a set of beginner instructions at launch. Apart from that works very well, to the limitations of google maps anyway
Craig Ruxton, March 28, 2012 at 10:25 pm
Remember to use the Help & Advice button to checkout the online pages. If you have specific suggestions for better advice, then please post them in the FHUG Forum > Plugins Discussion.
tatewise, April 21, 2012 at 7:23 pm