Add a General Record Office Source and optionally Event
This plugin speeds up the entry of information from the UK Birth Marriage and Death indexes. It assumes you use a single source for all events from . . .
- By jane, released June 27, 2011 at 2:31 pm, version 1.3More . . .
Add Assessment to Citations for a Source
Adds, removes or changes a Certainty Assessment to all citations for a selected source, optionally over writing existing ones. Returns a result list . . .
- By jane, released May 13, 2013 at 9:12 am, version 1.0More . . .
Add GRO Event to an Individual (no source)
A Modification of Jane Taubman's 'Add GRO Source' plugin (with permission) which writes the Registration data to the Notes field of the relevant . . .
- By rodders, released May 4, 2012 at 9:09 pm, version 1.0.3More . . .
Rating: Not Rated
+ Add Comment and optionally Rate the Plugin
Thank you Mike. My first venture into installing and using a 'plug-in' in FH v6.2.7 and I have found it very useful when deciphering 11 sibling relationships!
themoudie, July 1, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Peter, that problem has now been fixed in V1.2
Mike Tate, August 31, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Check for Unlinked Media v1.8
FH 6.2.7 Windows 7 Parallels 14.01 on Mac
List Unlinked Media
I have a slight issue with this Plugin in that it returns entries of 'Thumbs.db' which I find a bit distracting - I have 77 of these entries.
As these are not relevant could they be skipped in a future release?
As a work around, I have modified my copy as follows:
If entry ~= "." and entry ~= ".." then
If entry ~= "." and entry ~= ".." and entry ~= "Thumbs.db" then
David Simpson, November 4, 2018 at 12:45 pm
I have just downloaded the "Multifact" plugin but am unable to use it and, therefore rate it, sorry.
I have 2 problems in using the plugin -
- When I activate the plug-in from Tools - Plugins, it takes a few seconds to appear and then appears in the centre of the screen but overflows the top and bottom of the screen. I am unable to see any standard box control (minimise, reduce or close) and I cannot see a bottom bar. Also, I don't see any button to indicate that action should be taken.
- I have an additional 2 screens for my research setup and mostly use FH on the centre screen. Due to the problem above, I tried moving FH to the largest screen (No 2 screen) but found that the plugin only opens on the No 1 screen. This was tried because each screen has different settings.
If you would like screenshots to support the explanation, please let me know (I'll cut out the irrelevant parts).
Unfortunately, I have not investigated the plugin generation side of FH, so am unable to provide any insight to the problem. The little I have seen of the the programming language used makes me say "Thank You" for trying to help the rest of us FH users !
Graham Kent, June 25, 2019 at 8:32 pm
I think it is a shame that women's partners surnames are excluded when flagged as ‘Unmarried Couple’ or ‘Never Married’. In the C19th in England when divorce was impossible for most and bigamy could lead to hard labour in prison it was not uncommon for couples who never married to live as husband and wife with the women going by the husband's surname. I have a no. of instances on my tree where this plugin won't find a name a woman used unless entered as an alternative. These irregular relationships can be hardest to work out and so where this could have been most useful.
Less useful than it could have been.
Teresa, August 3, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Fantastic plugin to keep things cleaned up. Is there a way to add columns to the output results? Sometimes it would be handy to have birth year show up to more easily identify real issues from maybe ok things.
Becca, November 24, 2019 at 9:59 pm
Could I suggest a mod to the 'Checked for Unlinked Media' plugin please?
For users with Macs there is an extra file which is put into each folder, called .DS_Store
If, like me, you have a lot of folders, it can be a bit of a pain.
However by modding line 92 as follows, it stops them being returned in the results
if file ~= 'thumbs.db' and file ~='.picasa.ini' and file ~= '.ds_store' then
Dave Simpson, November 28, 2019 at 12:44 pm