- For general support questions see Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you are a user of The Master Genealogist, please see Frequently Asked Questions – for TMG Users.
- If you are having problems installing or upgrading see Frequently Asked Installation Questions.
- For questions about products, see Product FAQ or System Requirements.
Family Historian comes with very comprehensive documentation. The boxed version comes with a Quick Start Guide booklet, to get you started. An online version of this is also available on the Help menu within the program, for purchasers of the download version. Family Historian also has extensive, searchable, and context-sensitive Help. However, if none of these provide the answers you need, here are some other options available to you:
- If you bought Family Historian through a specialist genealogy supplier, you may find that they provide technical support by telephone, email or both.
- Another option is to join the Family Historian Users Mailing List, and email your support queries to the mailing list.
- You may also wish to consider joining the Family Historian User Group who also provide help on using the product.
- We encourage all users to use the mailing list (or your supplier) as the preferred option for support queries wherever possible, but you can also contact us directly if necessary (see below).
- Upgrades to V6, if you purchased a full licence for Family Historian 5 between the 17th October and the 8th November 2015, you can apply for a free upgrade to Family Historian 6, please see Application for Free Upgrade